- Roasted turkey
- STOVE TOP Stuffing
- Buttered mashed potatoes
- Green beans
- Classic pan gravy
- Cranberry sauce
Perfectly Easy Sides
Turkey is tops, but delicious sides make the meal. Savory STOVE TOP Stuffing and mashed potatoes with rich pan gravy add a traditional flavor to make a memorable holiday dinner. We’ve provided you with easy recipes for traditional favorites for a flawless feast.
The Perfect Stuffing
Nothing triggers holiday memories like STOVE TOP Stuffing. The taste and aroma are one of a kind, and it’s so simple to make. For easy stuffing preparation, pick the method that works best for you. Cook it on top of the stove, microwave it or bake it along with your turkey. See package for directions.
For a new stuffing tradition, try adding chopped apple, dried cranberries or toasted pecans. See more STOVE TOP Stuffing mix-in ideas.
Buttered Mashed Potatoes
- Place 12 medium potatoes, washed, peeled and cut into pieces in large pot. Add cold water to cover potatoes. Cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat and cook 20–25 min or until tender; drain.
- Mash potatoes until no lumps remain.
- Add 1 cup milk, ½ cup softened butter and 1 tsp salt. Beat until well-blended. Serves 8.
Stir in 2 cups KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese at the last minute to add flavor and color.
- Wash and remove ends of 2 lb. fresh green beans. Leave them whole, or cut in half.
- Place beans in saucepan with 2 cups water. Heat to boiling; reduce heat and cook 15 min.
- Drain and serve. Serves 8.
For extra flavor and crunch, garnish with toasted slivered almonds.
Classic Pan Gravy
- Pour drippings into a large measuring cup after removing roasted turkey from pan.
- Skim fat from drippings by tilting cup and spooning off the oily liquid at top (reserve remaining drippings). In a medium saucepan, combine equal amounts of the fat and flour; 1/4 cup of each will do (discard remaining fat).
- Whisk in chicken broth and reserved drippings to yield 2 cups liquid. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Season to taste. Makes 2 cups. Serves 8.
Double the recipe to ensure enough for leftovers.