Kraft Cheese—One of the Smartest Snacks on the Block!
Snacking can make or break a healthful eating plan, depending on the snacks you choose. Choosing smart snacks can:
- Provide important nutrients and fill in food groups you missed at meals.
- Help fuel you through your busy days.
- Take the edge off your appetite, so you’re less likely to overeat at meals.
Why is Kraft String Cheese a Smart Snack Choice?
- Nutritious: Kraft String Cheese is a good source of calcium, which helps build strong bones, and a good source of protein to help build muscle.
- The goodness of milk: One Kraft String mozzarella cheese snack counts as ¾ cup toward the USDA MyPlate Dairy Group.
- Built-in portion control: Each string contains 80 calories or less, depending on the variety, and makes it easy to fit into your calorie budget.
- Fast and convenient: Toss String Cheese in your purse, lunch bag or briefcase so you’re prepared to enjoy a wholesome snack. Make sure to eat perishable foods within two hours, or refrigerate until you’re ready.
- Tasty flavors! Is mozzarella your go-to flavor? Add a little zing with our Jalapeno, Tomato Basil and Cracked Black Pepper String Cheese.
|How Kraft String Cheese Stacks Up to Other Popular Snacks
|Kraft String Cheese (1 oz snack)
|Leading Sweetened Lowfat Yogurt (6 oz cup)
|Leading Chewy Granola Bar (0.86 oz bar)
Seven Ways to Plus-Up Your String Cheese Snack
Kraft String cheese is a great solo snack, but is also a perfect partner with other nutritious foods such as fruits, veggies and whole grains.
Try these doubly-good ideas:
- Munch with a serving of whole-grain flatbread crackers.
- Pair with a piece of fresh fruit such as the season’s best peach, pear, apple or grapes.
- Wrap inside a Romaine lettuce leaf and accompany with a handful of cherry tomatoes.
- Enjoy with broccoli florets, baby carrots, red pepper strips, jicama sticks or your favorite crunchy veggie.
- Try with dried figs, apricots or cherries.
- Roll inside half of a whole-wheat sandwich thin.
- Use Kraft String Cheese in yummy recipes.