- Learning Codes
- 5190 Diabetes mellitus
- 5090 Adults
The global impact of diabetes is increasing rapidly, expanding the need for registered dietitians (RDs) to provide medical nutrition therapy (MNT) for individuals with the disease. With no cure in sight, but with the ability to delay or prevent progression to diabetes with an appropriate lifestyle, you can also play a role in helping a wide range of individuals reduce their risk for diabetes. This module will expand your understanding of diabetes and provide you with resources to help those at risk prevent or delay the onset of type 2 diabetes, and to provide MNT to those with either type 1 or type 2 diabetes.
If you are a registered dietitian or a dietetic technician, registered, simply follow the instructions to earn one CPE credit hour following your successful completion of the CPE questions.
*For more information about Kraft Global Nutrition, click here.
- Course Objectives
- After completing this self-study CPE program, participants will be able to:
- Describe diabetes prevalence trends, risk factors and associated health conditions.
- Describe strategies to delay or prevent onset of diabetes and its complications.
- Describe specific nutrition and behavior modification goals used by health professionals for people with diabetes.
- Describe behavior modification strategies for helping individuals with diabetes to meet nutrition goals.
- Read the Course Objectives for this CPE self study module, listed to the right. NOTE: Downloadable Files are in PDF format and require Adobe® Acrobat Reader®, click and download it free.
- Download this CPE Article to get started with the course.
- To ensure you have met the Course Objectives, download and complete the CPE Quiz for this course. When you are finished, download and view the CPE Answer Key.
- Complete the CPE Online Evaluation Form for this course. At the end of the evaluation, you will be redirected to the Kraft Nutrition Update home page.
- Return to this CPE page. Download the CPE Certificate of Completion for this course to keep in your files. This verifies succesful completion of this course and earns you 1 CPE credit hour.